Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can My employer change my request for time off from vacation to holiday?

So far this year I have requested a certain number of hours off from work. I have requested all but 20 hrs be taken from my vacation time, the other 20 was from holiday time and I have the request forms to prove it. My supervisor has been turning it in as holiday time to the treasurer without my knowledge. Now we find out today that we will be PAID for our holiday time that has not been used to date. A bonus my supervisor was not expecting. She told me after the meeting that I will not get a check because she had used all my holiday time. Is this legal? I work for a county government and I am quite mad because my supervisor has taken money out of my pocket and food off my kids table. It would have been almost an entire paycheck that I would recieve in addition to my regular pay. Please respond as quickly as possible. I have a meeting tomorrow and need to bring knowledge to the table!